
(SAN DIEGO) — The San Diego Police Department said the threat “has been neutralized” after reports of an active shooter at the Islamic Center of San Diego.
Photos show children being evacuated from the area.
“Emergency personnel are on scene and actively working to protect the community and secure the area,” San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria said earlier on social media.
The center says it is the largest mosque in San Diego County.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by ABC Radio News (see all)
- Threat ‘neutralized’ after active shooter reported at Islamic Center of San Diego: Police - May 18, 2026
- Alex Murdaugh sues former court clerk who served during his double murder trial - May 18, 2026
- Former Hartford police officer charged with manslaughter in fatal shooting of Stevie Jones - May 18, 2026











